Tofu scramble wrap
Tofu is versatile, easy to cook and always at its best when doused in spices. Here’s an idea for a quick wrap, with lemon cous cous and salad on the side, that you could put together for a delicious light meal!
Dinner for one:
1/2 packet of firm tofu
60ml hot water
40g cous cous
1 flour tortilla
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cube of vegetable stock
Knob of soya butter
Spice blend: 1 tsp paprika and a generous pinch each of cumin, tumeric, thyme and oregano.
1. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Place the dry cous cous in a saucepan. Prepare your side salad, or whatever you’d like as an accompaniment.
2. Crumble the tofu into the warmed pan and add the soy sauce. Leave to fry gently for a few minutes, then increase the temperature and stir in the spice blend. Cook for 5-10 minutes, turning the tofu carefully with a spatula to cook all sides.
3. Stir the hot water into the cous cous and place the pan over a medium heat. Crumble in the vegetable stock and stir until it dissolves. Leave everything to cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Keep turning the tofu – if the pan is getting a bit dry, add a splash more oil. Once the cous cous is steaming, remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Add the butter and use a fork to separate the grains.
5. Return the cous cous to the heat. Warm the tortilla – either heat in a microwave for 20 seconds, or wrap in foil and place under a warm grill for a couple of minutes. Once the cous cous is steaming again, remove from the heat and transfer to your plate. Get the tortilla ready, and pile it high with scrambled tofu, salad and chilled tomato sauce! Sit yourself down and enjoy.
- Miss Kent xox